Thursday, July 16, 2009

North to I-80 and Home





Spent the week going from Tennessee up to Wichita KS (on I-40,Muskogee Turnpike and I-35) to Kansas City Missouri (on I-35) and on to California (on I-29, IA/NE 2, and I-80)
In Oklahoma near Muskogee, I saw through the trees what appeared to be a conning tower from an old WWII submarine with the #310. Looked it up on the internet, and turned out to be the USS Batfish, which was bought by the State of Oklahoma and towed up the Arkansas River to Muskogee and made a museum. Didn't get any picture, but put it on my list of things to see later as my father served on a submarine in WWII.
Pictures are of a sunset on I-80 in Nebraska. Elk Mountain in Wyoming between Laramie and Rawlins (a lot of Elk live around here and it's constantly bad driving for ice and snow in the winter). Two pictures along the Great Salt Lake

Keep on Truckin
The Iceman

No comments: