Saturday, September 20, 2008

California Exempt

September 18
Headed north from Los Angeles to Utah on I-15. Just before the Nevada State line, there is a 55 mph construction zone (no workers as usual). Traffic was keeping between 55 and 60 and was pretty heavy through the work zone. In my rear view mirror,I noticed a red SUV, going at least 70 mph, swerving in and out of traffic, going from one lane to another, and following too close when other vehicles didn't move fast enough for him. When the Red SUV came up beside me I noticed the "California Exempt" license plates, and a big sticker on the side saying "Cal Trans". Now Cal Trans is the agency that has created the "Double Fine"in construction zones to protect their workers, and is the first to complain about speeders in work zones endangering their workers. Some example this guy set! I always thought "Cal Exempt" meant Government vehicles exempt from paying license fees. but I guess it really means "Exempt" from obeying the laws.
Keep on Truckin
The Iceman

No comments: