Saturday, December 6, 2008

Back in The United States



Every time I leave California, I feel like I'm back in the US from a foreign country. Most truck drivers feel the same way because of the idiotic speed limits and BS they get while driving in California. Crossed the Colorado river on I-40 about noon (see picture) and my attitude took a turn for the better. The Colorado River was so named because of it's red appearance with all the mud and silt it carried. Today, with all the dams along the river, The Colorado is blue and clear, especially at the I-40 CA-AZ crossing.
About 20 miles into Arizona on I-40,I come to the Town of Yucca AZ. Known mainly as a military test ground, a real estate company tried to sell land there and advertised with a giant "Golf Ball" (see picture). Don't think much land was sold as there ain't nothing there, but the Golf Ball has become a home to someone who has added little flying saucers around it to make it appear as something from outer space.
Keep on Truckin
The Iceman

No comments: